October 22 2017
From the Food Technology recipe book, we deliver to you the recipe for Mini Vegie Pasties.
Mini Vegie Pasties
1/2 sweet potato (kumara) peeled, coarsely chopped
1 small carrot, peeled, finely chopped
1 potato, peeled, finely chopped
1/2 cup (80g) of Frozen Peas
1/4 cup of Corn, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup of grated Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated
1 vegetable stock cube
2 eggs, lightly whisked
2 sheets of ready-rolled frozen shortcrust pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees celsius, line an oven try with baking powder
2. Cook the 1/2 Sweet Potato in a medium saucepan of boiling water for minutes or until tender, drain well and then use a fork to mash it until smooth before setting it aside to cool in a bowl.
3. Cook the carrot and the potato in a medium saucepan of boiling water for five minutes, drain well and set it aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
4. Add the carrot mixture, peas, corn, chedddar, crumbed stock cube and an egg to the sweet potato and stir it to combine, season it with salt and pepper.
5. Use a 12cm-diameter pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from pastry sheets. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly among pastry discs. brush edges of pastry lightly with remaining egg.
6.Fold pastries in half to enclose filling, use fingertips to gently press together to seal. Place on the lined tray and lightly brush with remaining egg. sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.