October 13 2017
A second local recipe book/cook book is one titled ‘Food Technology – Food For Special Needs’.
The book appears to be a High School book, we don’t know because it has been a long time since we’ve been in High School and it was a book that was accidentally acquired through a borrow with the possibility it was a gift.
‘Special Needs’ is about health or age and not physical or mental status as recipes have labels such as Lifestyle Choice, Stage of Lifecycle, Low Fat and High Fibre.
Recipes in Book
Caramelised, Rosemary and Feta Quiche
Thai Chicken Curry
Mini Vegie Pasties
Sweet Chilli Vegetable Burger
Crisp Chicken Fillets
Orange and Poppy Seed Biscuits
Recipe for Alphabet Pikelets
1 Cup (150g) self-raising flour
1 tbs Caster Sugar
3/4 Cup (185ml) Milk
Pinch of Salt
Olive oil spray, to grease
Strawberry Jam, to serve
1. Sift flour and sugar together into a bowl with a pinch of salt, Make a well in the centre.
2. Whisk together the milk and egg in a jug or bowl. Then try to add to dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth batter forms.
3. Heat a non-stick frypan over low to medium heat. Lightly spray with olive oil spray to grease.
4. Spoon half the batter into a small plastic bag, cut one corner off the bag and pipe four 8cm letters (H, C etc) into pan and then cook for 2 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface, turn and cook for a further minute or until golden brown and then transfer it to a wire rack.
5. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter, reheating the pan between batches.
6. Serve with jam
If anyone wants the recipe to the other eight recipes or a recipe from the previous book, let us know.