The Rovers have their second bye of the season this weekend and so everyone will be looking online for the results of the Round 16 matches will shape the competition.
All but one of the Rovers Netball sides are assured of making the Finals this year, The Under 15 Netball side are still on the outside looking in but the door is not shut on the team making it to the Finals.
The situation for the Under 15’s is as follows;
– The Rovers are two points out of the five.
– The Rovers have two games left this season and Blighty have three games left.
– As the Rovers have the bye this week, They will pick up 4 competition points.
– If Blighty does not win this weekend, The Rovers are in the Five.
– Blighty face Picola United this weekend, Blighty won 26-14 in Round 7.
– Blighty lost in Round 8 and Round 9 against Jerilderie and Strathmerton.
– The Rovers lost in Round 8 against Tocumwal but won in Round 9 against Berrigan 10-9.
– If the results from Round 7 to 9 are replicated exactly, The Rovers will make it.
– If the Rovers win their two remaining games and Blighty lose one, The Rovers will be finalists.
– If Blighty and The Rovers get the exact amount of points in the next three weeks then Blighty will hold position.
There is one other scenario and that is that Strathmerton loses two out of their three games and the Rovers win one of theirs plus picking up the bye points ensuring Strathmerton falls from fourth position to sixth.
Strathmerton defeated Berrigan in Round 7, lost to Yarroweyah in Round 8 and defeated Blighty in Round 9, if these results hold the side will be safe as they have a higher percentage than The Rovers.
At the end of the season, The Rovers must pick up no less than 4 points more than Blighty and/or Strathmerton
All Rovers sides will be making the finals this year as all teams have more than a 12 competition points buffer on sixth position.
Ladder positions are not locked in so the foot cannot be taken off the accelerator in Round 17 and 18 as all sides will strive to improve their position on the ladder.
There is still so much for all Rovers sides to play for in the coming weeks despite the fact the finals are a sure thing for so many teams.
The main thing to remember is that ladder positions can change hands right up to the last second so effort and intensity must be the same as the past 15 rounds of the season.